Monday, November 16, 2009

Dear Brother

Dear Brother,

You demand the impossible of me. I cannot stand by and watch your rapid self-deprecation as you have requested. You ask that I let you make your own mistakes, and though I understand your need for independent choice, I see also that your lapses in judgment are not solely your own. You are heading down the path of destruction that I, too, followed long ago. You are still so young, and I cannot bear to be a witness to your demise. You were there. You saw the pain and suffering I endured. Why must you experience it too? Was it not enough that I was brought to my knees? My errors in life need not be yours as well. I’ve spent the greater majority of my life trying to protect you from the evils of this world. Will you throw it all away and allow my efforts to be in vain?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates